VALUE MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES, INC
Assistant Value Manager / Technical Editor
Assistant Value Manager / Technical Editor
Value Management Strategies, Inc. (VMS) is a small business established in 1990 with corporate headquarters in California and resources in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Texas, and Washington State. VMS is a management consulting firm that specializes Value Management (VE studies and FACD/Design Charrettes) and Organizational Effectiveness (Strategic Planning, Business Process Improvement and Executive Coaching). Our clients are primarily State, Local and Federal agencies, and Industrial Organizations.
Our team has an immediate and exciting opportunity for a Assistant Value Manager/Technical Editor at VMS to support senior consultants in the facilitation of value studies, design charrettes, and other client-facing activities. This position also involves the preparation, review, and editing of technical reports. Work related to this role is both taking place in a virtual environment and via travel to client locations. There is the potential for upward progression to a consulting position based on performance and demonstrated aptitude. Candidates should have strong communication skills, be self-motivated, detailed oriented, quality-driven, and be team focused. An ability to coordinate and collaborate with multiple team members and clients across multiple projects is important to the successful execution of this role.
Only applicants providing a cover letter with their application submission clearly demonstrating capabilities for conducting the Functions of the position and satisfaction of the position Requirements and Qualifications will be considered for this role.
- Support the development, QA/QC, and submittal of deliverables and marketing content:
- Generate draft content, proofread, edit, format, and compile
- Ensure report formats are consistent with standards for each client
- Organize project data
- Manage project documents in SharePoint, Google Drive, ShareFile, etc.
- Update project status in Ajera (VMS accounting and project management database)
- Follow VMS standards pertaining to quality, client requirements, processes, and procedures
- Air travel up to 40% may be required to assist on 3- to 10-day Value Engineering (VE) studies and other workshops. On-site tasks are directed by the VMS team leader and may include:
- Meeting logistics and coordination
- Developing templates
- Preparing handouts
- Taking meeting minutes
- Reviewing content
- Administrative errands
- Support management and quality team with miscellaneous administrative tasks as directed (examples: book rooms and conference space for VE team; coordinate catered lunch for team meeting; draft flyers for conferences; sort and compile project metrics)
- Continuously develop work-related skills and knowledge. Observe, learn, and apply the skills you learn on other projects.
Candidates will be considered only if they can demonstrate:
- A 4-year degree from an accredited US university.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in manufacturing, engineering, and/or project management).
- Demonstrated skills using Microsoft Office tools, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as construction management, project management, engineering, manufacturing, or similar preferred.
- Attention to detail
- Strong written communication
- Experience in similar role preferred
Personality characteristics common among successful VMS employees:
- Ability to take direction well and learn quickly
- Focus on quality and efficiency
- Team player mentality
- Critical thinker
The job location is flexible and allows for remote teleworking but may require periodic travel to client locations as needed. Must have appropriate work environment available to conduct business from home office, access to high-speed internet and phone communications.
Salary rate starts at $50k-$60k, 20 days PTO, 10 paid holidays, excellent health plans [paid family PPO medical plan, paid employee optical and dental plans], paid parental leave, and 401K match. Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, and skillset.
VMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
VMS is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff that honors the experiences, perspectives, and unique identities of its team. Together, we strive to create, maintain, and advance a working and learning environment that is inclusive, equitable, and welcoming to all.
All applicants will be considered for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic.
VMS is an E-Verify Employer
All employees must be cleared via E-Verify before they can start working.